Fried Potatoes And OnionsFrom lexdavies 4 years ago
- Now the quantites are up to you, depending on how many ppl your serving. shopping list
- I go by 1 large potato per person to 1 medium onion. shopping list
- salt & pepper. shopping list
- vegetable oil & butter shopping list
- Extra Mature Chedder cheese. shopping list
- fresh herbs of your choice, if your lucky to have any, if not its brill without. shopping list
- Poached or fried eggs, if you fancy them to top. shopping list
How to make it
- Couldnt be easier.
- Peel your potatoes, can par boil if you want it to cook quicker.
- Sliced onions, i use cooking onions, but this works well with red onions too.
- Grate the cheese & chop the herbs if your using any.
- Thats all the prep done.
- Take a large lidded frying pan, the heavier the better.
- Season the potatoes well with salt & pepper.
- Melt butter with the oil, fry the potatoes & onions till a lovely golden brown, turning often, but keep covered when not turning, the steam helps cook them.
- Should be ready after 40 mins or so, you'll know.
- Dish up, sprinkle over the cheese & herbs or top with the egg.
- This is vegetarian, but i've done it with fried bacon bits added to the recipe too.
- Hope you enjoy this as mutch as i do.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cooklexdavies Stafford, GB
The Rating8 people
Sounds like these would be good for breakfast too! Mmmmm thanks!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Great post - made something similar the other night and it was so great!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
this is my kind of meal! awesome....5!!!petunia97 in Gonzales loved it