Date - Nut Loaf DiabeticFrom spinach1948 3 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ½ cup margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 3 packets of sugar substitute ( Equal, Sweet N Low or equivalent ) shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- ½ cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Beat margarine, egg, and applesauce at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended. Add sugar substitute and vanilla.
- Combine flour and the next 3 ingredients; add to applesauce mixture. Beat at medium speed for 4 minutes. Add pecans and dates; stir well. Pour batter into an 8-inch x 4-inch x 3-inch loaf-pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 F. for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Yield: 16 slices Serving size 1 slice.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 180, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrate: 24g, Cholesterol: 14mg, Sodium: 229mg, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 2.6g.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, ½ fruit, 2 fat.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
Just love the added dates...you have my 5!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
yes lovely!midgelet in Eastern loved it
thanks for this recipe, love dates high 5buttercup21 in loved it
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits280 members
Low Carbs18 members
Low Fat And Fabulous110 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb118 members
Quick Breads71 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Loaves And Muffins19 members
A Fruity World45 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Spicy Spicy Spicy82 members