Puttanesca PastaFrom elgourmand 3 years ago
- • 1 pound dried spaghetti, spaghettini, or linguine fini shopping list
- • 5 garlic cloves, forced through a garlic press shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons anchovy paste shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon hot red-pepper flakes shopping list
- • 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- • 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes in juice shopping list
- • 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives shopping list
- • A few dried or fresh mushrooms, chopped. shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons drained capers shopping list
- • Pinch of sugar (optional) shopping list
- • 3/4 cup coarsely chopped basil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook spaghetti in a pasta pot of boiling salted water until barely al dente.
- While pasta boils, cook garlic, anchovy paste, red-pepper flakes, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper in oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and pale golden, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, really crush tomatoes with juice, a potato masher works well.
- Add crushed tomatoes to garlic oil along with olives, mushrooms and capers and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is ready. Stir in sugar if desired.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce. Simmer, turning pasta with tongs, until pasta is al dente, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with basil. Need I mention the bottle of Chianti ? As always with Italian you can add a dollop of wine to the sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating7 people
DELICIOUS...~~~5 Forks for Sure~~~
and I Have Saved This One...
The Ingredients Of This Recipe...
Are All My Fav's!!! ~:)Chef Irish
(Did You Say - Chianti?) Mmmmm!chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
This sounds excellent! It reminded me of our Capellini Fini Alla Puttanesca Bianca Recipe, so I just posted that one.thepoint in Hagerstown loved it
It just so happens I like the ingredients
in this "5"FORK!!!!! recipe~in combination
they produce a recipe that 'SINGS'~ "TRA~LA"~
One of my all-time favorite actresses-
K. Hepburn said~"Listen to the Song in Li...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it