Spinach Lentil SoupFrom misslizzi 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped medium shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, chopped medium shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 cups lentils shopping list
- salt shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- .5 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 1.5 cups water shopping list
- 4 ounces baby spinach, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil at medium-high heat.
- Add onions, carrots and celery
- Stir occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
- Stir in tomatoes, bay leaf and thyme; cook until fragrant (1 minute).
- Stir in lentils, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover partially.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until vegetables are softened and lentils get dark (about 10 minutes).
- Uncover, add red wine, and bring to a boil (1 to 2 minutes)
- Add vegetable broth and water.
- Bring to a boil, cover partially, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until lentils are tender (30-35 minutes).
- Discard bay leaf.
- Puree 2 cups soup in blender until smooth, then return puree to pot.
- Alternatively, use an immersion blender to get the preferred consistency.
- Stir in spinach until wilted.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmisslizzi Philadelphia, PA
The Rating8 people
~Photo~FLAGGED!!!!!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Mmmmm great comfort food. I bought some lentils today too! Thanks for sharing :)jett2whit in Union City loved it
Real nice. I like lentil soup.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it