Macaroni With Gruyere Cheese Serrano Ham and LeeksFrom jkstern 10 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup 1/8-inch diced Serrano ham shopping list
- 1 large leek, white part only thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cups cream shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmigiano Reggiano cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons chopped chives shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ham and cook until brown.
- Add the leek.
- Then add the cream.
- When the cream begins to simmer, add the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and pasta, and season with salt and prepare.
- Divide the pasta into 4 oven-proof dishes.
- Top with Gruyere cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped chives.
- macaroni will be very hot so it is best to let it sit just a few minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookjkstern Long Island City, NY
The Rating4 people
Yummy, this sounds elegant and fulfilling. I would have never thought to put into my favorite dish...serrano ham. My hubby and myself, love this kind of food. It gets printed out and put into my ever expanding "to cook file"!helewes in Newton loved it
This was so tasty JK. We devoured it right out of the baking dish. Not very civilized, but oh so good,
Thanks!!helewes in Newton loved it
The serrano ham makes it special and I'm a sucker for leeks. YUM!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!