Pistachio CakeFrom karlyn255 6 years ago
- One 18-1/4 ounce yellow cake mix shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup club soda shopping list
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounce) instant pistachio pudding, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pound white pistachio nuts in the shell, shelled and crushed* shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 envelope (1-1/2 ounce) envelope of powdered whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Mix in bowl the cake mix, eggs, club soda, 1 box of the pudding, oil, and
- 1/2 cup of the nuts.
- Mix well and bake in a greased and floured bundt* or tube cake pan for 45 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Cake is done when a long toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Completely cool on rack.
- When cool, place cake on serving plate and completely cover with the below icing.
- Keep cake in the refrigerator.
- Mix 1-1/2 cups milk, with instant whipped topping, and 1 box instant
- pistachio pudding.
- Mix on low to combine and then on high for 4 minutes.
- Fold in nuts and spread on cooled cake.
- For a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan, bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Cool in pan and then ice.
- * 1 cup walnuts, pecans or shelled pistachios, chopped and lightly toasted
- may be substituted for the pistachios in the shells
People Who Like This Dish 8
- bjms_29 Nowhere, Us
- misslizzi Philadelphia, PA
- spinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
- aussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
- fizzle3nat Waterville, WA
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- lizzconn Naas Co Kildare, IE
- hoosiermom68 Merrillville, IN
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating7 people
I love green cake no matter what it tastes like (which I'm sure this is delicious!!) It Just takes me back to memories of my childhood best friend. Thanks.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
i love pistacho cake yum yum thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
And th top of the mornin' to you too! Love pistachios! ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!