Spinach BreadFrom dmajor 5 years ago
- 1 loaf French bread or Italian bread,cut in half lengthwise shopping list
- 1 lb spinach, fresh is best but if your using frozen, defrost under cold water and drain well(remove all moisture) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 8 oz. cream cheese shopping list
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon creole spice shopping list
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste shopping list
- dash of hot sauce shopping list
- 8 oz. Italian blend shredded cheese shopping list
- shredded cheddar cheese(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread on baking pan,
- In large skillet, cook onions, garlic, and mushrooms in butter until tender(about 3 minutes)
- Add spinach, cream cheese and spices including hot sauce and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Italian cheese
- Spoon mixture evenly on both halves of bread
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and place in oven
- bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly brown.
- *you can place under broiler if you want a darker brown bread.
- Remove from heat and allow to set 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut into serving slices or wedges