Moundz or Almond Joyz CookieFrom bigcookiedude 7 years ago
- Moundz: shopping list
- 2 1/4 C flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 lb butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 C packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) Jello coconut cream flavored instant pudding shopping list
- 2 (large) eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp coconut extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 C flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 C semi-sweet OR bittersweet chocolate chips shopping list
- Almond Joyz: shopping list
- 1 C flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 C milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 C almond slivers, toasted shopping list
- Garnish: 18-20 whole almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together first 4 ingredients into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add instant pudding, mixing well. Add eggs and coconut extract, mixing until well blended. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Slowly add flour, mixing well. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips (Moundz); add almond slivers (Almond Joyz) until well blended.
- Using a standard ice cream scoop (2 oz), or rounded tablespoons, drop dough onto an un-greased baking sheet. Press whole almond into the top of each Almond Joyz cookie.
- For 2 oz cookie, bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes. For rounded tablespoon-size cookies, bake 12-14 minutes. After one minute, transfer from pan to wire rack to cool.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookbigcookiedude Vinton, VA
The Rating9 people
Eyiyiyi... you've done it to me again, Shawn... I LOVE those little dark chocolate and coconut confections. And now you've put them in a cookie... a SINFUL cookie!! Thank you!!
^5windy1950 in Flint loved it
Almond Joy is my favorite candy bar!Thanks for this recipe.Heres a great big 5 for you.jeffsgirl in Medford loved it
Mmmmmm coconut, ahhhhhhhh
ok so bad Homer improv :-)rescue_ranger in New Baltimore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!