Lemon Blueberry Layer CakeFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1-1/4 c plus 1 Tbs sugar shopping list
- 1 stick(8oz) unsalted butter,room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c self-rising flour shopping list
- 1/2 c whole milk shopping list
- 2 c blueberries shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese,room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 c prepared lemon curd shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Line the bottom of a 10x15" jelly roll pan with parchment paper and grease the sides. Using electric mixer,beat 1 c sugar and butter on med. speed until fluffy,about 5 mins.
- Beat in vanilla,then eggs 1 at a time. Add the flour and milk alternately in 3 additions. Fold in 1 c blueberries. Transfer to prepared pan
- Bake till toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean,15 mins
- Meanwhile,in a bowl,combine cream cheese and 1/4 c sugar. Whisk in lemon curd.
- Sprinkle cake with remaining 1 Tbs sugar. Place parchment paper and cooling rack on the cake and invert the layer;let cool,transfer to work surface.
- Cut crosswise into thirds. Place one third onto a platter and top with one third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining cake and cream cheese. Top with remaining remaining 1 c blueberries.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating10 people
Ohhh thank you, Pleclare! This is a perfect Spring and summer treat! I love this recipe!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Loves lemon curd!! ^5windy1950 in Flint loved it
What a refreshing sounding cake for the summer comming up.
Must give it a try, blueberry & lemon is a great mix.
Janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it