Penne Pasta with Lemon Caper Cream SauceFrom dennydca 4 years ago
- 12 ounces dried penne pasta shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 (14 oz) cans of evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesano reggiano shopping list
- 2 lemons zested & juiced shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 jar (4 oz) capers, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the penne, drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over pasta to keep from sticking.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add the white wine and the juice and zest from 2 lemons.
- Add the broth, flour, and milk and whisk constantly to incorporate the flour.
- Allow the sauce to thicken slightly and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Parmesano Reggiano and capers and whisk constantly until the sauce thickens even more.
- Serve over penne pasta.
The Cookdennydca Las Vegas, NV
The Rating4 people
ummmm....yum! :) I think I'll make this and serve it alongside a simple grilled or baked fish...thank you, Denny! :)keni in Sweet Home loved it
Made this tonight, following the recipe, other than having to sub rigatoni for the penne. Very good. I served it with a baked perch, and think it's perfect with fish, as I expected it would be. When I make this, again, I will just use cream rather ...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it