The Best BltsFrom darbar 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups (lightly packed) fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature shopping list
- 12 thick-sliced bacon strips (about 1 pound) shopping list
- 12 1/2-inch-thick slices fresh country-style white bread, toasted shopping list
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds shopping list
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, sliced shopping list
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 6 lettuce leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Mix basil, mayonnaise and butter in processor until basil is finely chopped and mixture is well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels; drain.
- Spread half of mayonnaise mixture over 1 side of 6 bread slices. Top each with 2 tomato slices. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. Top tomato slices with avocado, then with bacon strips, onion and lettuce. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over remaining 6 bread slices. Place bread slices atop lettuce. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.