Bacon Sausage PancakesFrom elgourmand 4 years ago
- General: shopping list
- • One bowl of pancake batter, minus the shortening. Use your own favorite or see below. shopping list
- • 4 to 6 slices (to your taste) of smoked bacon, chopped pretty fine. You can also use any kind of sausage here, kielbasa, Portuguese, summer, etc.; all finally chopped. shopping list
- • 1 egg, cooked to your liking, per serving. shopping list
- The batter: shopping list
- • 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- • 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- • 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- • ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- • 1 Tbs sugar shopping list
- • ½ tsp salt shopping list
- • 1 egg shopping list
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional) shopping list
- • 2 Tsp shortening. You need to adjust this for the fat content of the meat you use. If you use 6 strips of fatty bacon you won’t need any additional shortening. The fat from the meat and what shortening you add should equal 2 Tbs. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cook the meat of your choice (until done but not crisp) with enough shortening to total 2 Tbs. I often do this in the microwave.
- 2. While the meat is cooking mix up your batter, no shortening yet. See Photo
- 3. When the meat is cooked allow to cool a little and add to the batter. If you think you have more than 2 Tbs of grease in the meat poor some off.
- 4. Beat the meat/batter mixture thoroughly to make sure the shortening is well mixed in.
- 5. I’m sure you know how to cook pancakes and these are no different than standard pancakes in that regard See Photo. The pancakes need to be well done and not doughy in the middle.
- 6. Top each serving with an egg cooked to taste and serve. See Photo
- Yes, I have used this meat/batter combo to make waffles and they come out great.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating8 people
Sounds like something I would really like, and my SIL, and grandson.... we are all meat lovers! Thanks for the recipe and a ^5 for you!
A.thepoint in Hagerstown loved it
I love a savory pancake with butter only. This will be perfect!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
always someting up the sleeve ey RJ :)
I like the idea. I think I will try this the weekend. When I have enough time to mess lolandreac in Cape Town loved it