Homemade CornbreadFrom michellem 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400*. Pour bacon drippings into a 9 inch black iron skillet and heat in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs and buttermilk together.
- Add the wet ingred. to the dry and mix well
- Pour the hot bacon drippings from the skillet into the batter and mix well.
- Immediately pour the batter into the hot skillet and return to the oven
- Turn the temp. down to 350* bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove from the oven turn cornbread out onto plate to serve
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating2 people
I made this cornbread tonight and it was wonderful. It reminds me of the cornbread that my Mom used to make when I was a kid but no one had the recipe. We loved the crunchy outside texture and I will be making this again. Thanks for the post.sunpuppy in Terre Haute loved it
Cornbread is the best! And yours sounds delicious. Thanks!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!