Homemade CornbreadFrom michellem 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400*. Pour bacon drippings into a 9 inch black iron skillet and heat in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs and buttermilk together.
- Add the wet ingred. to the dry and mix well
- Pour the hot bacon drippings from the skillet into the batter and mix well.
- Immediately pour the batter into the hot skillet and return to the oven
- Turn the temp. down to 350* bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove from the oven turn cornbread out onto plate to serve
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating2 people
Cornbread is the best! And yours sounds delicious. Thanks!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
I made this cornbread tonight and it was wonderful. It reminds me of the cornbread that my Mom used to make when I was a kid but no one had the recipe. We loved the crunchy outside texture and I will be making this again. Thanks for the post.sunpuppy in Terre Haute loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!