Fish Filets With Lemon Caper SauceFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- For fish preparation: shopping list
- 8 large mushrooms, sautéed in a little butter shopping list
- 4 mild white fish fillets, such as tilapia shopping list
- 1 tablespoon (or less) butter, for skillet shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- dash of pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon capers shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- ½ cup half-and-half shopping list
- ¼ cup reserved liquid from fish prep skillet shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to your taste shopping list
- lemon wedges for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in some butter; remove them from the pan and place fish fillets in the pan with a bit more butter.
- Add wine, salt, pepper and capers.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes (while fish is simmering, begin sauce preparation).
- Remove fish to serving platter, top with sautéed mushrooms.
- Keep fish warm (I put mine on a cookie sheet, cover it with foil, and keep warm in a 250 degree oven).
- Cook remaining liquid in pan until it is reduced to ½ cup; strain and reserve ¼ cup for sauce (I like capers, so I do not strain my liquid - I just use it all and increase the flour in the sauce by about a 1/2 tablespoon).
- For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan and stir in flour.
- Simmer very gently for 3 minutes.
- Stir together yolks and cream; add reserved liquid from skillet and stir into flour mixture.
- Season to taste.
- Add lemon juice.
- Pour sauce over warm fish and mushrooms.
- Garnish with lemon wedges
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating3 people
Yum!Ethansmommie in loved it
This is the kind of recipe I am looking for, one that enchances the fish flavor not masks it.fancypants in Mooresville loved it
alrighty--I did it. This is wonderful, don't change a thing. The sauce is absolutely delish!
I served it with couscous. Monday may be my favorite day of the week now. hahahahafancypants in Mooresville loved it