Gateau Au Yaourt- Yogurt CakeFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1 cup whole milk plain yoghurt ( I used Greek style, low fat ) shopping list
- 2 eggs or egg substitute shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Tbs baking powder shopping list
- 1 Tbs light rum shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- fruit sauce as desired shopping list
How to make it
- Note: there is no baking soda in the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease and flour a 10 inch round cake pan
- I simply mixed all ingeredient together just to blend
- the original instructions say to first add the yoghurt, eggs, sugar and flour and then blend in the oil, baking powdwer, rum and vanilla, not to overmix
- Pour into pan and bake 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and a tooth pick comes out clean.
- I baked mine about 10 minutes longer and covered with foil the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Cool in pan 10 mins and then remove.
- Serving suggesrtions: raspberries and creme fraiche, or vanilla ice cream and drizzled honey
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
This looks simply stunning! YUMleonora5 in Kleinemonde loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
French Group132 members
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Companys Coming114 members
Sugar From Mama13 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members