Not Really Huevos RancherosFrom elgourmand 6 years ago
- • 1 – 2 corn tortillas. shopping list
- • ¼ cup frejoles refritos. shopping list
- • ¼ cup chopped young and fresh zucchini squash, chopped medium. shopping list
- • 2 eggs, cooked to your liking. shopping list
- • Sprinkle of cheddar cheese. shopping list
- • Dab of butter. shopping list
- • salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. shopping list
- • Bit of salsa, your choice but I like a fresh chunky salsa here. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Lightly oil or spray a microwave proof plate.
- 2. Get the tortillas wet (damp) and spread on a little butter.
- 3. Put the tortillas on the plate and cover with the zucchini.
- 4. Cover this with a shallow upside down bowl and cook on high in the micro for 3 minutes, or so, depending on your micro. Please don’t over cook.
- 5. While this is going on cook the two eggs your way, sunny side up is really best.
- 6. When the micro dings, beeps, plays music, whatever, take out the tortillas, uncover and slither the eggs on top of the zucchini.
- 7. Sprinkle on the cheese; add salsa to taste and comer (eat).
- You can, of course, do all of this on the piece of boiler plate you have laying across the wood fire out back but watch out for the dogs and don’t burn your dedos.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating12 people
Love itsparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
It seems you are "documenting" the delish foods of the American SouthWest here. Right on!!
(Can't even find Rosarita refried beans in buff)ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
I like this, minus the zucchini!maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
MEXICAN FOOD425 members
Anything Goes287 members
Breakfast Recipes124 members
Friends In The Kitchen315 members
Mexican Cooking142 members
California Cooks31 members
International Dishes43 members
Southern CA Cooking Club7 members
World Wide Cuisine50 members
Tex Mex And Southwestern Foods And Mexican56 members