What a Weck PizzaFrom notyourmomma 4 years ago
- 1 premade thick crust pizza (like Boboli) shopping list
- 1/2 lb. of thin sliced deli roast beef, as rare as you dare shopping list
- 2 cups of fine shred colby jack cheese shopping list
- 1 cup of milk steeped with sliced onion, peppercorns/one bay leaf shopping list
- 2 tbsp of butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp of flour shopping list
- 4 tbsp of horseradish shopping list
- 1 tsp of caraway seeds divided use-half in sauce/half for crust shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tsp of melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of coarse pretzel salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put your pizza stone in the oven to heat blistering hot while you make the sauce.
- Heat milk in small saucepan with one onion sliced in half, a few peppercorns and a bay leaf. Keep just below the scald point.
- Melt butter, add flour, whisking well in a separate pan.
- Strain hot milk, adding slowly to roux and stir until sauce thickens.
- Add the horseradish and 1/2 of the caraway seeds *crush the seeds slightly to release their aroma and flavor.
- Spread the horseradish sauce over the prepared crust.
- Top with rare roast beef, torn into shreds over the prepared pizza.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Brush edge of crust with melted butter and sprinkle with remaining caraway seeds and pretzel salt. (as much as you like, caraway is the flavor that makes the difference!)
- Bake in hot oven for 20-25 minutes. (ten minute preheat time for pizza stone-immeasureably improves the premade crust)
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating5 people
The hubbers will love this!!!! Thanks.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
This is great Tina. Was just thinking last week about dusting off my pizza stone and making homemade pizza. Hubby will really like this recipe. 5 from me!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
sounds really good.. 5 for sure!midwestguy in Chicago loved it