Liver LionelFrom otterpond 6 years ago
- 1 lb Calf liver shopping list
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger Root shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 tsp Pure corn Starch shopping list
How to make it
- 1. MAKE THE MARINADE
- Mix well the soy sauce, balsamic, honey, crushed garlic, grated ginger root, and ground black pepper.
- 2. SLICE THE LIVER
- To make the cutting easy, less messy, and more consistent have the liver partially frozen. Most of us are going to buy a package of liver from the market freezer section. If you let it sit in the package for about an hour it will have thawed sufficiently.
- Slice the liver in half, then for each half cut 1/2 inch strips.
- 3. MARINATE THE LIVER OVER NIGHT
- Put the liver in a glass dish, pour the marinade over and toss well to coat. Pop it in the refriderator to soak over night.
- 4. FINISH
- Thinly slice the onions and dice the pepper.
- Heat a large skillet and saute the onions and peppers until nicely softened.
- Add the liver to the pan reserving the liquid.
- Brown the liver and toss well with the onions and peppers.
- Add the water to the reserved marinade and whisk in the corn starch.
- Pour sauce into skillet and mix well, reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Server over noodles or rice.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookotterpond Windermere, FL
The Rating7 people
This rocks. Love the marinade and the long soak.
The peppers and onions are required ingredients. YUMnotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Wowhungrybear in Miner loved it
Five forky!goodeat in Benton loved it