Individual Orange CakesFrom dennydca 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup superfine sugar shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 2/3 cup reduced fat buttermilk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoon orange zest shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Butter and lightly sugar 4 ramekins (about 1-cup size).
- In a mixer, add egg yolks, buttermilk, orange juice and zest and beat until well combined.
- Reduce the speed to low and sift in flour, sugar and salt.
- Continue to mix until combined.
- Beat egg whites until you get stiff peaks.
- Combine the 2 mixtures by gently folding them together.
- Divide mixture evenly between ramekins, then set ramekins in a roasting tray and fill with water halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 60 minutes until the top springs back when gently pressed.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes, then carefully invert onto a plate.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookdennydca Las Vegas, NV
The Rating7 people
thank you for this recipe for small batches! It sounds very yummy!ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
Mmmmm. Sounds like little souffles. Thank you for sharing the recipe.californiacook in loved it
sounds delicious..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it