Italian Stuffed ArtichokesFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
- 6 Cups Italian Style bread Crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 Cup Grated romano cheese shopping list
- 1/4 Cup Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3 Tblsps fresh Italian parsley, Chopped Finely shopping list
- salt & ground black pepper to Taste shopping list
- 2 Sprigs Fresh oregano Chopped Finely shopping list
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil leaves Chopped Finely shopping list
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 Large Fresh artichokes shopping list
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, Finely Chopped shopping list
- 2 Small sweet onions Finely Chopped shopping list
- 2 Tblsps. Melted butter shopping list
- 3 Tblsps. water or white wine shopping list
- 1 lemon (For Rubbing On artichoke) shopping list
How to make it
- The Artichokes:
- Prepare Artichokes By Trimming the Pointy Leaves Off of the Very Top of the Artichokes About 2 Inches. Then Spread the Leaves Apart with Your Fingers. Cut About 1 - 2 Inches Off of the Bottom Stem, Then Cut Each of the Artichokes Length Wise Down the Middle and Scoop Out the Furry Middle with A Spoon. Wash Each Artichoke with Water, Shake Dry and Then Cut Your Lemon and Wipe All of the Artichokes with the Lemon to Prevent Browning.
- Now Place the Artichokes Cut Side Up In A Steamer Basket or Pot and Stem for 10 to 15 Minutes or Until Tender ( Check Them While Cooking You Do Not Want Them to Be Mushy) I Check Mine with A Knife or with A Toothpick (If It Goes In and Out Smoothly without Falling Apart Then It's Perfect).
- The Stuffing:
- In A Preheated Saute Pan Add the 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the Pan. When the Pan is Hot, Add Both the Onions and the Garlic, Then Saute Them Until They Are Soft and Begin to Carmalize. Allow to Cool Completely.
- Then, Combine the Onions and Garlic (Including the Olive Oil They Were Cooked In) with All of the Bread Crumbs, Cheeses and Herbs in A Mixing Bowl, Add 3 - 4 Tablespoons of Water or White Wine and Butter to Moistine and Mix Well.
- Okay When Done with Stuffing and The Artichokes Are Finished Steaming. Place the Artichokes On A Lightly Oiled Flat Baking Pan Such As A Sheet Cake Pan or Small Cookie Sheet, Put A Good Amount of Stuffing Into Each Artichoke and Bake at 450 for 8-10 Minutes or Until Tops Are Slightly Browned, You May Even Place Them Under A Broiler for A Sec to Brown More If You Like. When Stuffing is Browned Artichokes Are Done. You Really Don't Want to Cook Them Very Long As The Artichokes Were Already Steamed.
- This Seems Kinda Long, But Well Worth the Wait!
- Photo Soon...
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating6 people
Perfect, as always. I use lemon water to wet all the leaves but minor. Five fingers. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
Nice recipe I defanately need to try this.trigger in loved it
Oh bless you!!! These are the artichokes of my childhood at the Italian neighbors which I love so well. Heaven.borinda in SoCal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!