Easy Wild Rice With Mushrooms And Sweet OnionsFrom keni 5 years ago
- 6 servings dry wild rice shopping list
- chicken stock or low sodium broth(check rice package directions and use stock to replace water measurement) shopping list
- 12oz mushrooms, sliced(can use baby bells, white, or wild mushrooms) shopping list
- 1 medium Vidalia or similar onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 stuck butter shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves crushed and chopped shopping list
- splash of balsamic vinegar(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare rice per package instructions, using stock/broth instead of water.
- Saute onion in medium sauce pan until just beginning to get opaque
- Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook until mushrooms are just done.
- When rice is done, add to mushrooms and onions and carefully stir to combine. If rice seems slightly sticky, just add a few T of water and stir.
- Add thyme and balsamic and stir one last time until combined.