Saffron Chicken And RiceFrom ditty 4 years ago
- 1 Kilogram of chicken thighs, boned and halved shopping list
- 500 grams long grain rice shopping list
- 750 ml chicken stock shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of saffron threads shopping list
- 3 bay leaves (fresh is best) shopping list
- 3 cloves shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion finely diced shopping list
- 1 green capsicum, seeds removed, finely sliced shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel shopping list
- 400grams dice tomato - tin tomato is best shopping list
- 150 grams shelled or frozen peas (unshelled weight around 350g) shopping list
- Conversion site for those who need it :) http://www.botanical.com/botanical/cvcookix.html shopping list
How to make it
- pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium to high heat. Reduce the heat to low and add the saffron threads, bay leaves and cloves. Cover saucepan with a tight fitting lid and keep broth warm over low heat.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a deep heavy based pan and add the chicken skin side down. Cook until golden on both sides, then remove from the pan. Reduce the heat and add the onion, capsicum and garlic to the pan with a little extra salt and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft. Add the ground spices and rice and cook, stirring until the rice is well coated in oil and spices are fragrant. Pour in the stock tomatoes and their juices (tinned), and peas, bring to a simmer and stir again.
- Arrange the chicken over the rice and cover the pan with a tight fitting lid. Reduce the heat to veryu low and cook covered for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to stand, covered for a further 10 minutes. Remove the lid and check seasoning. Discard bay leaves and cloves before serving. Can be served with green salad if you wish - I just eat it without the rabbit food :)
The Cookditty Brisbane, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!