Korean Short Ribs (crockpot)From shandy 6 years ago
- 4 to 5 pounds bone-in beef short ribs shopping list
- 2 T. sugar shopping list
- 1 T. sesame oil shopping list
- 1 T. hot chile oil shopping list
- 1 T. sambal oelek, Sriracha or Asian hot sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 T. freshly grated ginger shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
- 2 T. rice wine (Saki), or white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped shopping list
- 2 firm pears, diced shopping list
- 8 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms or white mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 c. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 pound baby carrots shopping list
- 2 cups cooked Jasmine or white rice shopping list
- 1 t. sesame seeds shopping list
- 1/4 t. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 t. sesame oil shopping list
- hoisin sauce, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine ribs, sugar, sesame oil, chile oil, sambal oelek and ginger, and mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large frying pan over high heat, warm canola oil. In batches, brown the short ribs on all sides. When browned, add to crock-pot along with onion, garlic, scallions, pear, mushrooms, soy sauce and enough water to cover ribs.
- Set the crock-pot to cook for 4 to 5 hours on high, or 7 to 8 hours on low, until ribs are very tender. Add carrots, and continue cooking for 1 additional hour.
- Using a large spoon, remove rib bones, and skim grease off the top of the liquid. Transfer ribs and rib bones to a plate. Use scissors to cut and remove any tough connective tissue. Transfer liquid to a medium-size pot over high heat, and simmer liquid until reduced by half.
- To serve, arrange ribs on plate over rice, and ladle the reduced sauce on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and pepper, and drizzle with sesame oil. Serve with hoisin sauce on the side.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!