Hen And Chick[pea] Paella SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups roasted red peppers (about 3 1/2) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 spanish onion, diced shopping list
- 1.5 oz chorizo shopping list
- 1 tsp smoked paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp sweet paprika shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 6 cups hot chicken stock, divided shopping list
- 1 tsp saffron threads, crushed shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup precooked, crumbled bacon shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas shopping list
- 10 oz cooked, diced chicken shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor or blender, puree roasted red peppers and garlic, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and chorizo and cook, stirring often, until onions are beginning to brown - about 8 minutes.
- Stir in both paprikas and rice, coating everything with the paprika mix.
- Pour in the wine and stir vigorously to deglaze, then add 4 of the cups of hot stock and the red pepper puree and stir well. See Photo
- Combine the remaining two cups of chicken stock and the saffron in a small container, then add to above with the water, bacon and bay leaf. See Photo
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer (partially covered) for 1 1/2 hours. Remove bay leaf.
- Stir in chickpeas, chicken and peas See Photo. Cook 20 minutes longer.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Soup Is Good Food564 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members