Bitter-chipped White Chocolate CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 4 oz (2/3 cup) white chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 5 oz silken tofu shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp corn syrup shopping list
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) shortening shopping list
- 5.5 oz (13 tbsp) superfine sugar shopping list
- 4.6 oz (1 1/3 cups) flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate (yup, no sugar or milk at all), chopped into small pieces and frozen shopping list
- 1 oz mini semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- In the microwave or a double boiler, melt white chocolate until smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor, puree tofu, vanilla and corn syrup until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add tofu mixture, followed by white chocolate, beating well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Fold in unsweetened chocolate and chocolate chips.
- Wrap dough in cling film and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet (greasing doesn’t work well with these!), leaving at least 2” between them – they spread!.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes. Cool completely on sheets.