Grilled Ny Steak QuesadillasFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- 1 (about 12 oz) NY Strip steak, seasoned with kosher salt, grilled to med-rare (mine was leftover) shopping list
- about 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (Tillamook is the best!) shopping list
- a few tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano, grated shopping list
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 Homemade flour tortillas - see my recipe here: shopping list
- tortillas.html">Homemade Flour tortillas shopping list
- unsalted butter, to brown quesadillas shopping list
- roasted veggies: shopping list
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, sliced thick shopping list
- 6 whole button mushrooms shopping list
- 1 pasilla pepper shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled shopping list
- 1 sprig of rosemary leaves shopping list
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- sour cream, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400. Toss veggies & rosemary in a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper and lay out on lined baking sheet See Photo. Roast in oven until onions begin to caramelize, about 20 minutes. When cool, peel the pasilla pepper and squeeze out the garlic from the skin. Slice the mushrooms, chop the onion and pasilla pepper. Smoosh the garlic into a paste and toss with all the veggies. Set aside.
- Slice grilled steak thinly against the grain See Photo. Take one tortilla, lay down some of the jack cheese with a light sprinkle of the parmesan. Top with some roasted veggies, cilantro and about 4 slices of steak. Fold the tortilla in half (so its half moon shaped) and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- On med-high heat, melt a little butter in a large nonstick skillet and brown 2 quesadillas at a time, until golden brown. Transfer back to baking sheet. When I'm all done browning the quesadillas, I place them in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Take them out and let rest for a few minutes. Cut each in half and serve with sour cream.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!