Blueberry Filled BunsFrom shandy 4 years ago
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/4 c. warm water, 105 to 115 F. shopping list
- 1/2 c. milk, scalded and cooled to lukewarm shopping list
- 1/3 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 t. freshly ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/4 c. golden raisins shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 c. softened butter shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 1 pint fresh blueberries shopping list
- 1 1/2 t. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 T. sugar shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 1 slightly beaten egg shopping list
- 2 T. milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water; add the milk. Let stand 5 minutes. Add the sugar, egg cardamom, raisins, and salt. Add the softened butter and 1 cup of the flour; beat until smooth and satiny. Gradually add the remaining flour, mixing until dough is smooth and satiny, not quite stiff enough to knead. Cover and let rise 1 to 2 hours until doubled.
- Meanwhile, combine the blueberries, cornstarch, and sugar.
- Dust risen dough with flour. Shape into a ball, dusting with flour lightly, if necessary, to prevent stickiness.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and divide into 12 parts.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment, silicon mat or lightly grease it. Roll dough into smooth balls and place on the baking sheet with the smooth side up. Let rise until puffy, 45 minutes to 1 hour. With a floured glass, press an indentation into t eh center of each round of dough.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spoon the filling into the pastries. Beat the egg and milk together to make a glaze and brush edges of the pastries with the mixture. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!