Chuck Wagon PotatoesFrom rodeogirl73 7 years ago
- 5 to 6 pounds red bliss potatoes shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 2 shallots, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups par cooked bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter, softened (recommended: Country Crock) shopping list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 cup Cheddar, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped chives shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and cut potatoes into bite-size pieces. Place potatoes in a medium sized roasting pan. Add diced onion, shallots, garlic and bacon. Mix potatoes and other ingredients with softened butter until ingredients are coated thoroughly with butter. Cover with foil and cook approximately for 1 hour or until the potatoes are almost fork tender. Remove foil. Season with salt and pepper and place back in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes have a nice golden brown color. Garnish with grated cheese and chives.