Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding With Bourbon Ice Cream SauceFrom rachpj 5 years ago
- 1 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 12 chocolate covered croissants shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped small shopping list
- vanilla ice cream melted to room temp shopping list
- Good bourbon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine butter and sugar process until well blended. Add cinnamon, and vanilla, and pulse to combine.
- While the processor is running crack 5 eggs into the mixture. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides. Add the heavy cream and pulse to combine.
- Lightly butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Break up the croissants into 1-inch pieces and layer in the pan. Scatter the raisins and shaved bittersweet chocolate over the top, and gently mix to incorporate. Pour the egg mixture over the croissants; soak for 8 to 10 minutes. You will need to push croissants pieces down during this time to ensure even coverage by egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35minutes. Remove foil and bake for additional 10 minutes to brown the top. The croissant bread pudding is done when the custard is set, but still soft. Allow to cool.
- Allow the vanilla ice cream to stand at room temp until it is the consistency of heavy cream. Mix with a shot of bourbon and spoon over the servings of bread pudding.
The Cookrachpj Dallas, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!