Almond butter cake with cherriesFrom nuggle 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing the pan shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar, plus extra for preparing the pan shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 cup ground almonds shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and split in half shopping list
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons demerara sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously butter a 10" springform pan, and set aside (see note).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, or with a hand beater, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Lower the speed and add the eggs, one at a time, beating until fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- In another bowl, sift together the almonds, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add half the flour to the butter mixture, beating until blended. Add the sour cream mixture, beating again and scraping down the sides of the bowl. Finish with the remaining flour and stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Sprinkle over the cut cherries, the almonds and the Demerara sugar (if using). Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until lightly golden and a cake tester comes out clean.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooknuggle Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!