Italian Beef SoupFrom dugger 7 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrot shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 28 ounces diced tomato shopping list
- 28 ounces beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped shopping list
- 15 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 cup fresh mushroom, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Cook ground beef in a large Dutch Oven about 5 minutes or until brown. Drain and set aside.
- Remove excess oil but leave the pan bits in there.
- Heat olive oil in the same Dutch Oven over medium-high heat and add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Saute about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender; add pepper
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, basil, tomato paste and thyme. Simmer uncovered over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kidney beans, mushrooms and beef. Simmer 10 more minutes.
- It doesn't get any doner than that. Serve it up with your favorite soup accessories. Crackers of choice, hard crusted bread, rolls, etc.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating12 people
Doug, this sounds like a soup that is right up my alley! Simple but tasty.
Bthepiggs in loved it
Yum! My kinda soup!leroux in Surfside Beach loved it
Looks good.kingofallassholes in Saint Joseph loved it