Caribbean Key Lime TartFrom c2max 4 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- • 1 c sweetened, flaked coconut – baked 350 for 5-6 min till toasted; RESERVE 2 TB for topping shopping list
- • 15 vanilla crème sandwich cookies (like Vienna fingers) shopping list
- • ¼ c chopped macadamia nuts shopping list
- • 4 TB melted butter shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- • 8 oz pk cream cheese, softened shopping list
- • 14 oz can condensed SWEETENED milk shopping list
- • 3 egg yolks shopping list
- • ½ c key lime juice shopping list
- • ½ tsp rum shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350.
- CRUST: Grease a 10” tart pan. Food process cookies and nuts until crushed. Add butter until moistened. Add remaining coconut and pulse 2-3 times ONLY to combine. Press into the tart pan. FREEZE for 15 min.
- FILLING: Beat cream cheese and milk together until smooth. Add yolks 1 at a time; beat each until blended well. Add juice and rum, stirring until combined well.
- POUR into crust, bake 350 for 25 min until ALMOST set. Sprinkle remaining coconut over the top. Cool completely before covering and refrigerate at least 4 hours until thoroughly chilled.
- ** If making mini tarts rather than one 10" tart, line tart pans w/paper liners since the mixture can be VERY sticky and you cannot get the tartlets out of the pan without tearing the tarts.
People Who Like This Dish 33
The Cookc2max Woodridge, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!