Slap Yo Momma MeatloafFrom rodeogirl73 7 years ago
- 1 Family pack ground beef (or you can use 1/2 ground beef & 1/2 ground pork) shopping list
- 1/2 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, large shopping list
- 3/4 of a small can of evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 packages of crackers shopping list
- A-1® Sweet and Tangy steak sauce shopping list
- 1 small can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 bottle of ketchup shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1/3 cup Dark Karo® syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Place ground beef in large bowl.
- Add chopped onion and bell pepper.
- Pour in a whole bottle of A-1® Steak sauce, 1/2 medium bottle of ketchup, 1 small can tomato sauce.
- Beat 2 eggs in cereal bowl and add enough evaporated milk to fill bowl.
- Pour in meatloaf mixture and mix with hands thoroughly.
- Add enough crackers to make the mixture stick together.
- Recipe makes 2 large loaves, so you may split and freeze half.
- Mold meat into a loaf in a roaster or similar deep dish pan.
- Bake at 350-375 degrees for about an hour and a half, or until it appears to be done.
- You may also drain some of the juice off of the loaf before you top with glaze, but not too much because it will result in a dry meatloaf.
- Mix glaze ingredients in equal parts or to taste and cover meatloaf with it.
- Bake uncovered until coating is cooked. Slice and serve.
The Cookrodeogirl73 Tacoma, WA
The Rating2 people
Can't wait to try this.cswindoll in loved it
My hubby loved this. Made it for dinner tonight< I dod not have evap milk so I used reg milk and for the glaze I mixed the ketchup and brown sugar with some tomatoe sauce and left out the karo since I did nto have any of that either. Definate keep...morecswindoll in loved it
I love your recipe for meatloaf but I can't imagine slapping my Momma ;-) Good lawd, she'd probably have me on the ground and crying uncle LOLlaadeedaa in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!