Crispy Fried EggplantFrom dugger 9 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Peel eggplant and slice 1/8 inch thick.
- 2. Whip eggs together and place in a shallow bowl for an egg wash.
- 3. Mix cornflake crumbs and romano/parmesan cheese together in a shallow container and dredge eggplant slices in the egg wash and then the dry mixture.
- 4. Put enough olive oil in a hot skillet to coat the bottom about 1/16 inch deep. Adjust to medium high heat.
- 5. Fry eggplant slices, turning frequently, until golden brown and crispy. Remove to paper towel to drain. Cover with second paper towel and add layers of eggplant as needed.
- 6. Place eggplant in a preheated 350 degree oven for a few minutes to crispen and degrease them. Remove and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating5 people
Now, back home in Pennsylvania Dutch country...we make'em with 4C brand bread crumbs, because they already have 4 cheeses in the crumbs, (hence the name 4C). My mom used to slice the eggplant as thin as possible...so thin you could almost see throug...moredlaw4552 in Kasson loved it
Quick and easy. Good flavor.
See Crispy Fried Eggplant# for more.
7/29/14pointsevenout in Athens loved it