Vegetable JalfreziFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. hot chili paste shopping list
- a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- a small bunch cilantro,rinsed, chopped, stems and all shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers,seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets shopping list
- 3 ripe tomatoes,quartered shopping list
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into inch size chunks shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can chick peas,rinsed and drained shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- a pat of butter shopping list
- 1/2 jar Patak's Jalfrezi curry paste shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put a large pot on medium to high heat and add a couple of lugs of oil and the butter.
- Add the onions, chili paste, ginger, garlic, and cilantro stalks and cook for 10 minutes, until softened and golden.
- Add the peppers, butternut squash, chick peas, and jalfrezi curry paste.
- Stir well to coat everything with the paste.
- Add the cauliflower, the fresh and canned tomatoes, and the vinegar.
- Fill 1 empty can with water, pour into the pan, and stir again.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 45 minutes with the lid on.
- Check the curry after a half hour and if it still looks too liquid, leave the lid off for the rest of the cooking time.
- When the veggies are tender, taste and add pepper.
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!