Simon And Garfunkle's Lamb ChopsFrom keni 5 years ago
- 12 lamb loin chops cut about 1 inch thick shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 2 large shallots, sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 16 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1T Dijon shopping list
- 4 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1 cup red wine shopping list
- 1T fresh parsley, copped shopping list
- 2-4t chopped and rubbed fresh sage, to taste shopping list
- 1 large, full sprig fresh rosemary shopping list
- 2 springs fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- sea or kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat grill or broiler to high heat.
- Juice half of a lemon over one side of all chops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let rest while preparing sauce. See Photo
- In medium, heavy skillet(I used cast iron), melt butter and oil.
- Add shallots and cook about 2 minutes, just to start to soften.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook about 3 minutes, stirring to coat mushrooms with the oil/butter.
- Add wine and let reduce slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock, juice from 1/2 lemon, Dijon, and herbs. (I like to add thyme and rosemary as whole sprigs the just remove them at the end of the cooking time, much like a bay leaf. Sage and parsley, I like to cook through the dish. Use your own preference) See Photo
- Let simmer about 30-40 minutes, until most of the liquid is gone. See Photo
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Grill lamb over high heat for about 3-5 minutes, each side, until an internal temperature of 140, for medium rare when served(about 145).
- Plate by topping with a bit of the mushroom reduction.
- *I didn't trim my chops any more than how they came from the market. Do so, if you wish.