Sweet Potato And Spinach Hash With EggsFrom christinem 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 sweet potato, finely diced (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 3 oz. Canadian bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 5 oz. chopped fresh spinach (about 2 cups packed) shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat; add onions and garlic and saute 2 minutes; add sweet potatoes and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until potatoes are just tender.
- Stir in Canadian bacon and cook about a minute, then add spinach and cooking until it just starts to wilt - about 5 minutes.
- Separate sweet potato mixture into two piles and make a slight well in the center of each with a wooden spoon. Crack one egg into each well. Pour water into pan and cover. See Photo
- Cook about 3 minutes or until eggs reach desired level of doneness.
- Using large spatula, transfer each pile of hash with egg on top to serving plates. Garnish with parsley and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookchristinem Worcester, MA
The Rating4 people
It was very delicious! I just used egg whites and no bacon, a healthy alternative!JamieV in San Diego loved it
Wow, I really loved this! I made this for just myself for dinner and it was perfect. I forgot to add the thyme :( but it was still good anyway. I have never steamed an egg before so this was an interesting and scary moment for me. It's just so ea...moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Enjoyed this very much...added a couple of pics and an IMI thread. Thank you christinem!gkwillow in City loved it