10 Minute Cilantro Lime ShrimpFrom keni 4 years ago
- 3lbs fresh shrimp, shelled, tails on or off shopping list
- 4T butter(or 2T butter and 2T olive oil) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 small-medium limes(you'll want about 3T juice..ify our limes don't yield enough, just add a lil zest at the end) shopping list
- 1/2-2t cayenne(to taste...we use 2ish) shopping list
- 1t Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1t smoked paprika(if not available, use 1/2t sweet paprika and 1t chili powder) shopping list
- 2-3T fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper(don't be stingy with these!) shopping list
How to make it
- Add garlic and butter to large skillet or saute pan(I use cast iron) over medium heat until just melted.
- Combine all dry spices in small bowl and set aside.
- Add shrimp to melted butter/garlic and toss quickly to coat.
- Immediately drizzle with lime juice and toss again.
- Add dry spices and toss, again.
- You should be about halfway through cooking, already, by now, so just continue to cook and toss until all shrimp are pink on both sides and just starting to curl.
- Add cilantro and green onion(and zest, if you are using) and toss once more.
- Serve immediately.