Slow Cooker Smothered Round SteakFrom keni 4 years ago
- 3lbs Bottom round steaks shopping list
- 1 can great northern beans(or other white bean), undrained shopping list
- 1 can Italain style diced tomatoes shopping list
- 8oz fresh baby spinach(no need to chop) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 lime or 1/2 lemon shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper(or your favorite salt blend and black pepper) shopping list
How to make it
- Spray slow cooker bowl with no stick spray. Place steaks in bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt/pepper or seasoned salt and lime or lemon juice.
- Add entire can of tomatoes, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours.
- Add beans, taste broth and re-season.
- Cook another 2-4 hours until meat is tender. Meat will remain "tough" then all the sudden, it will just fall apart.(mine took 7 hours)
- Add spinach, return lid to pot, lower to warm or turn off, and let rest while preparing rest of meal. This should be enough time to heat and wilt the spinach...you don't want it over cooked.
- Serve by removing each steak and spooning the veggie mixture over meat with a slotted spoon. This will yield a LOT of liquid even though very little is added.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating3 people
Wonderful!!! :)donman in Hammond loved it
Just what I was looking for Keni, Thanks!!!dennydca in Las Vegas loved it
I made the Slow Cooker Smothered Round Steak last night. It totally lived up to expectations! I was short on time, so I cooked it on high for 2 hours, then low for the last 4. The flavors were wonderful. I added sliced red & green peppers during ...moredennydca in Las Vegas loved it