Caramel Apple Oat SquaresFrom lillyann 3 years ago
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (I used rolled oats) shopping list
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks), cold butter shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans) shopping list
- 20 caramels, unwrapped shopping list
- 1 – 14oz can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 – 21oz can apple pie filling. shopping list
How to make it
- Oven to 350. Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Cut in the butter with a pasty blender, or you can use 2 knives to get the same result. Mix until it resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 ½ cups of the crumb mixture. Press the remainder into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the nuts to the reserved crumb mixture. Melt the caramels with the sweetened condensed milk in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Spoon the apple filling over the crust. Top with the caramel mixture, then the reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 35 – 45 minutes, or until set.
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating1 people
IVE BEEN AWAY FROM THIS SIGHT FOR A WILE BUT, SINCE BEING BACK I TASTE THIS RECIPE AND FELL IN LOVE, " GREAT TASTE "LILLY"moneymike in DELTONA loved it