Chocolate Orange Loaf CakeFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1-1/4 sticks unsalted butter,softened shopping list
- 2 TB golden syrup or dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1 c dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 c flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3 TB unsweetened cocoa powder,sifted shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- zest of 2 small oranges(1 TB) shopping list
- jice of 1 small orange(3TB) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325'. Line a 9x5" loaf pan with parchment paper. Grease sides of pan or line with a paper loaf-pan liner
- In large bowl,with electric mixer beat butter,syrup and sugar till fairly smooth.
- In seperate bowl, combine flour,baking spda and cocoa powder. Beat 1 TB of dry ingredients into syrup mixture,then beat in 1 egg. Add another couple of spoonfuls of dry ingredients before beating in remaining egg.
- Beat in remaining dry ingredients and then add,while still beating,the orange zest. Gradually add the juice. The batter may look slightly curdled.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 45 mins(edges should look dry and center of cake dipped slightly) Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Carefully remove from pan,cool completely.