Roasted Pumpkin-sweet Potato SoupFrom christinem 3 years ago
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 2" cubes shopping list
- 1 small pumpkin (or about 2 cup pumpkin puree) shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (chunky or smooth) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (or to taste) shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk shopping list
- lemon or lime wedges shopping list
- Chopped peanuts (optional) shopping list
- Chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Halve pumpkin and scoop out seeds. Place cut side down on rimmed baking sheet. Add sweet potatoes and about 1/2 cup of water. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until tender. Let cool slightly. Scoop out about 2 cups of pumpkin flesh and place in food processor or blender with sweet potatoes. Add buttermilk and blend until smooth.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan. Add pumpkin and sweet potatoes, peanut butter, stock and seasonings. Stir in milk and heat through.
- When serving, squeeze a little lemon or lime juice over soup and garnish with chopped peanuts, and cilantro or parsley, if desired.
- (You can also use two tsp garam masala in addition to or in place of the spices)