Cheesy Chicken & Vegetable BakeFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/2 head broccoli cut into florets shopping list
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut into florets shopping list
- 4 oz. baby Bella mushrooms (or button), cubed shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/3 tsp dried onion shopping list
- 1/3 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1/3 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/3 tsp celery seed shopping list
- 1/8 tsp sugar shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup half & half shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp white cheddar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8x8 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add broccoli and cauliflower and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from heat pour into a colander.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper. Heat 2 tbsp butter in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until juices run clear, turning halfway through to cook both sides. Set aside. Once cooled, cut into bite size pieces.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and mushrooms to skillet and season with salt & pepper. Saute until they begin to produce their own juice. Remove & set aside.
- Add chicken stock to skillet and scrape up drippings. Add cream and sour cream and seasonings. Bring to a slight boil and turn heat to medium low. Add flour and whisk with a fork until well incorporated. Remove from heat and incorporate chicken, vegetables, and sauce. Pour into casserole dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
The Rating2 people
I am going to try this, it sounds just lovely darlin', I am heading to the store for the ingredence now, thanks for the recipe....gagagrits in Irmo loved it
We had it for dinner tonite and it is wonderful, All the flavor and texture very pleasing, and healthy this is definitely a keeper. High Fivegagagrits in Irmo loved it
Good flavor and color.
See: Cheesy Chicken Vegetable Bake for more mouthings.pointsevenout in Athens loved it