Fall Festival Cranberry-apple-nut MuffinsFrom 3boysmama 3 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 TBSP baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup apple cider shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup apples (about one medium)- peeled, cored and finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries, (such as Craisins®) shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 2 TBSP finely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 TBSP light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine apple cider, oil, and egg; blend well.
- Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in chopped apples, 1/2 cup walnuts, and cranberries. Divide batter between 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 2 TBSP walnuts, brown sugar, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle toping over muffins.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.