Apple Cider MuffinsFrom christinem 4 years ago
- 1 cup apple cider shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- Place apple cider in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil until reduced to about 1/4 cup (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease or line 12 muffin cup tins with paper liners.
- Whisk or sift together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- Mix in half the flour mixture. Blend in buttermilk and reduced apple cider, then mix in remaining flour mixture.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchristinem Worcester, MA
The Rating3 people
Wow! these look SO good, thanks for sharing.DetroitTokyo in Detroit loved it
Perfect! I have some apple cider in the fridge looking for a job. You know how to recruit :)otterpond in Orlando loved it
It tasted really good and it was so moist it seemed to melt in your mouth. I even made some for my AWANA Parent's night activity. :)firedup in Silver Springs loved it