Mr. Diaz's Korean Style Chicken WingsFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- 5 lbs. chicken wings, sectioned and patted dry shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to season shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup each flour & corn starch, combined shopping list
- peanut oil, for frying shopping list
- for glaze: shopping list
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 tbsp Minced fresh garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chili paste (optional) shopping list
- garnish: shopping list
- toasted peanuts & sesame seeds shopping list
- a few scallions shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all glaze ingredients (except the peanuts and sesame seeds) in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Save for wing glaze
- Wings: Season with kosher salt & black pepper. Add 2 beaten eggs and couple tablespoons of canola oil.... mix so that all the wings get coated and seasoned.
- Dredge seasoned wings in flour and cornstarch mixture. Heat oven to 400 degrees, lay wings out on baking sheet. Bake 40 mins total, 20 mins per side.
- Take wings out of oven and prepare a wok or deep frying pan with 2 cups of peanut oil and flash fry the wings for about 2-3 mins untill wings are golden browned. set wings aside, drain oil out of wok and add the wing glaze that was set aside, put wings back in and toss . Add peanuts and toasted sesame seeds
- Serve on a large platter and garnish with finely sliced scallions.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!