Swiss Cheese And Mushroom QuicheFrom chuckieb 5 years ago
- 1 10" pie crust shopping list
- 1 tsp. margarine shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- a pinch of thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 2 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups packed grated swiss cheese shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Melt the margarine in a small pan. Add onions, and saute over medium heat for a few minutes. When they begin to soften, add mushrooms, salt, pepper, thyme, and mustard. Saute about 5 minutes more and remove from heat.
- Combine eggs, milk and flour and beat well.
- Spread the grated cheese over the bottom of the unbaked crust, and spread the onion-mushroom mixture on top. Pour in the egg mixture and garnish with paprika.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until solid in the center. Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 35
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
The Rating3 people
It was delicious. I used Manchego cheese instead of Swiss, but it was incredible, my friends loved it too.MsCookingMA in Portsmouth loved it
It was perfect. It had the combination of flavor which complement each other, no soggy bottom and the mushrooms brought out an explosion. Delicious!MsCookingMA in Portsmouth loved it
Mmmm. Terrific recipe. Lovely photo! May I ask how much spinach you used?misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it