Swiss Cheese And Mushroom QuicheFrom chuckieb 5 years ago
- 1 10" pie crust shopping list
- 1 tsp. margarine shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- a pinch of thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 2 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups packed grated swiss cheese shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Melt the margarine in a small pan. Add onions, and saute over medium heat for a few minutes. When they begin to soften, add mushrooms, salt, pepper, thyme, and mustard. Saute about 5 minutes more and remove from heat.
- Combine eggs, milk and flour and beat well.
- Spread the grated cheese over the bottom of the unbaked crust, and spread the onion-mushroom mixture on top. Pour in the egg mixture and garnish with paprika.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until solid in the center. Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 34
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
The Rating3 people
Mmmm. Terrific recipe. Lovely photo! May I ask how much spinach you used?misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
I made this yesterday for breakfast and it was so good! No soggy bottom on this one (it must be the cheese)!storen08 in Elgin loved it
It was delicious. I used Manchego cheese instead of Swiss, but it was incredible, my friends loved it too.MsCookingMA in Portsmouth loved it