Holiday Cheer PenneFrom keni 2 years ago
- 1lb penne pasta shopping list
- 1 1/2lbs sausage(I used specialty spinach sausage), cut into 1/2 in pieces, if links shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 8oz fresh mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- about 24-28oz diced tomatoes(Italian style, if desired) shopping list
- about 24-28oz tomato sauce shopping list
- 1T fresh Italian herbs, minced(or 2t dried) ie basil, oregano, etc shopping list
- 1/3 cup eggnog shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- Fresh Parmesan, grated shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet or a dutch oven, cook onion, mushrooms and garlic in butter and olive oil, over low heat until onion is softened, about 12 minutes.
- Add sausage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, herbs and salt and pepper and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, as water boils and pasta cooks.
- Once pasta is cooked per package directions, drain and immediately add egg nog to tomato mixture.
- Stir well to incorporate and warm through.
- Serve sauce over pasta and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Yes...really! :)
- **Please note, there is no rosemary in this recipe, as the photo might lead you to believe... I used every bit of my fresh basil AND parsley, and I thought the rosemary looked festive-y! :)