Egg Custard Tart traditonal british recipeFrom bonzaichef 7 years ago
- FOR THE PASTRY shopping list
- 250g plain flour shopping list
- 100g unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 100g icing sugar(optional) shopping list
- 4 drops vanilla extract(optional) shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- FOR THE custard shopping list
- 480ml whipping cream shopping list
- 6 egg yolks shopping list
- 70g caster sugar shopping list
- 1 vanilla pod (split) shopping list
- fresh grated nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/gas 4.
- Place the flour and butter in a food processor and blend top a breadcrumb consistency.
- Beat the eggs, icing sugar and vanilla extract together in a bowl and add this into the food processor.
- Pulse until the ingredients have combined together to form a ball. Do not over work. Remove from the food processor bowl and wrap in cling film. Leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour, then remove.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out to 5mm thick and use it to line a greased 25cm tart ring. Cover with baking parchment, fill with baking beans and bake ‘blind’ for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, discard the baking beans and turn down the heat to 160C/gas 2.
- In a saucepan, bring the whipping cream to the boil with the split vanilla pod. Whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar before pouring the cream onto them, stirring continually. Pass through a sieve and add a small amount of grated nutmeg.
- Pour the mix into the tart shell and bake on the middle shelf of the over for 30 - 40 minutes or until the custard appears set but not too firm.
- Turn the tart out onto a plate and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 70
The Cookbonzaichef Rochester, Kent., GB
The Rating10 people
I have to find metric measurements. I am not sure of them. But anyway I will light my table candles & will serve this for supper dessert tomorrow night. I can't wait because I love hearing about the Royal family & I will love to have on my table one ...morecherihannah in Shickshinny loved it
Thanks for sharing.Great one.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
great recipe, thanksnakedchef in Taichung loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!