Tortilla Chicken SaladFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- 3 6-inch corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce, rinsed,dried and torn into bite-size shopping list
- pieces (about 8 cups) or get a bag already torn lettuce from the store shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast shopping list
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup) shopping list
- FOR THE DRESSING: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 clove garlicminced or pressed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon hoy pepper sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tortillas into 3/4-inch strips. Fry until crisp drain on paper towls to cool.
- Prepare dressing. In a small bowl, wisk together oil, orange juice, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, oregano, and hot pepper sauce. Mix well.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Pour two-thirds of dressing over lettuce. Toss to coat
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken with remaining dressing. Mix well.
- Divide lettuce evenly among serving plates; place chicken over lettuce. Top salads with tomatoes and tortilla strips.
- Serve and enjoy
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating7 people
Another desert girl. Sometimes my friends from the east coast don't believe me when I say it is 110 out! This looks great for a nice hot day!
themechams in Las Vegas loved it
Love this recipe, it's snowing (again) here but even in cold weather it's nice to have something you don't have to bake, or cook. The dressing sounds really fantastic too.invisiblechef in loved it
MMM this looks great. We have "big salad supper" night about once a week and this will definitely be the one next time. My teenage sons love salad meals. Thanks so muchpecasfamily in Harrisville loved it